Dailymotion is one of the world’s top video platforms, with more than 300 million users and around 3.5 billion video views each month. It’s co-owned by Orange and Vivendi, the French media giant that also owns Universal Music Group and Canal+.
Dailymotion is no stranger to Microsoft products – the organization previously launched applications for the Xbox 360, Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Presently, as WMPU reports, it’s rebuilt its application on Microsoft’s new Universal Windows Platform, bringing it to Windows 10 PCs and telephones.
The application’s key features include:
- Simple drag and drop to transfer videos in application
- Moveable in-application mini player
- Get personalized recommendations and curated content
- Enjoy stunning 4K HD videos
- Search by keyword or browse by category
- Easily share and favorite videos
- Follow your favorite channels
- Manage with your channel
With its release for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, Dailymotion has redesigned the application with new look, alongside a range of extra features, including drag-and-drop upload, in-app account creation, the ability to cast videos to a larger display, and a new movable mini player view, alongside picture-in-picture functionality.
The application also includes support for Windows 10’s digital assistant, Cortana, with the ability to use voice interactions to search for videos.