When loaded with too much work, we accidently delete files or drag into the computers’ trash bin – Recycle Bin. Usually, as a practice recycle bin stores files for some time before deleting it permanently. One can extract the file from trash icon, all you need is to open it, find the file and recover it.
At worst times, we get into trouble when we empty our recycle bin and find no way of recovery. But still there is a hope as all has not vanished away, some are left. The first thing to be done in such a situation is to check the backups and sync services. That’s the best and foremost way to recover a file.
Even on the Dropbox, there are usually many versions of each file and is the best backup option. To adopt this method one should visit the web interface at Dropbox.com, click the trash icon at the top with the tooltip displaying ‘show deleted files’. By clicking on this a list of files will be opened, all one need is to right click it and restore the required files. There is even an option to view the previous version of files.
If your computer has Windows 8 installed, then one can benefit from the exclusive tool File History. But to use it, extra effort is needed as it is not active by default. This can be activated by configuring file history setting in the control panel.
If you are using Windows 7, then enabling system restore would you in such situation. System restore creates carbon copies of files.
Software to Recover Deleted Files
There are a number of softwares that helps in such situations:
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- User interface is structured much like Windows Explorer
- Recover deleted files from hard drives, optical drives, memory cards and everything that
- Windows considers as a storage device.
- Recovers around 2 GB data
- Supports Mac, Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Sever 2012,2008 and 2003
- Free data recovery software tool available
- Available with many advanced options
- Recuva is quite efficient as it restores deleted files from hard drives, pen drives, DVDs,
- CDs and memory cards
- iPod files can also be recovered
- Can be used in Windows 10, 8 and 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008 and 2003 etc.
- An excellent file recovery software which is absolutely free
- Easy to operate
- Allows users to view restored files
- State indication of each file – allows analyzing how successful each file recovery is
- Files can be restored from hard drives and other removable devices e.g. flash drive or
- memory cards
- Can be used in Windows 7, Vista, XP, Windows 8 and 10