If you have landed on this page, you certainly have been suffering from a lot of data loss due to various reasons. Or you might have just started storing important data to your devices and are worried about it for future. You have come to the right article. Here, we are reviewing one of the best backup utility software that is AOMEI Backupper.
Such software allows us to make a copy / backup of our entire system in advance so it can be restored in future if any accident occurs. AOMEI Backupper is one of the most user-friendly backup utility software available out there. It is an all-in-one software that can be used for both backup and recovery operations. Using this software package, you will avoid requiring an IT expert for above operations.
Customer base / impression in the market
One can simply trust on this software since their website climes that there are over 20,00,000 registers users of this software (not including pirated / cracked). Certainly, these much people are not fooling around. They are using it since they are getting the performance they paid for. However, it would be easier to trust them once you review their specifications. Here is a quick view on what their software is capable of:
- Keeps your windows and applications safe by creating image file of entire system
- It can clone or backup entire hard disk or selected partitions
- Provides automatic functionality such as incremental and automatic backup
- Automatically backs up important files and folders regularly
- It automatically performs backup tasks on real time events such as logon, logoff, system boot, system shutdown, etc
- Provides functionality to choose a network drive as destination for backup
- Files on network can also be the source of backup
These are the most basic functions of ANY backup utilities available out there. Some of them are unique too. Following are some extended details of the functionality of AOMEI Backupper, which helps it in standing out among other backup utilities.
Various Operations Performed by AOMEI Backupper
The process of backup is important since it saves one from system failures and major data loss. Following backup features are available in the package to provide safety to your system:
- System backup: It makes a copy of the entire operating system, windows dir content, applications and setting for easily backing up the system. Ongoing tasks are not harmed in the process.
- File backup: This feature allows to backup office files, photo-videos, documents games and programs on external hard drive. It can also backup multiple files from NAS and network.
- Disk backup: Disk storages such as pen drives, internal-external hard drives, USB flash drives, and any kind of storage devices can be backed up entirely with a single click.
- Partition backup: This feature supports to backup a certain partition or multiple partitions of a hard disk when you do not require a backup of the entire disk. It is secured as an image file.
- Schedule backup: Various triggers can be set to automatically back up your data over a certain period of time such as daily, monthly, weekly, on a certain date, etc.
There might be events that harm your system such as a crash, viruses, natural calamities, etc. Lost data can be retrieved easily if you had a backup already.
- System Restore: It can restore a crash system in bootable from native windows using native windows backup files or bootable disc to make sure windows is booting up again and all data is restored.
- File restore: It uses backup image files to restore lost, deleted or damaged files in usable form once again.
- Partition restore: This feature uses a disk image to restore entire hard disk or partition to the form it was when you took backup. It is not necessary to make this restore in original disk. Another HDD or SSD can also be used.
- Dissimilar hardware restore: It restores a windows backup image file on a new machine with non-similar hardware configuration. It is mainly used for migrating operating system from a physical computer to a virtual computer.
- Selective file restore: This feature allows us to restore selective files and folders only from a backup image without requiring restoring entire image file.
- Cloning utility
The AOMEI standard software package comes with a free bundled tool for the cloning system, partitions or disks. Cloning is helpful when migrating system drive, transferring data, upgrading disks or replacing small HDD with a larger HDD.
- System Clone: It migrates the entire operating system along with the installed user application to a faster SSD or large size HDD and does not require re-installing the windows system.
- Disk Clone: It allows conning an HDD / SSD with another HDD without requiring backing it up in an image file. The partitions are allowed to be resized during this process. Large size HDDs are allowed to clone within a smaller SSD or HHD.
- Partition or volume clone: A certain partition of media storage device can be cloned to other partition or another disk in exact form.
- Additional functionality
There are many additional features in the standard edition of AOMEI back upper that allows managing backups and restores efficiently. Here are some most important of them:
- Exploring and checking images: There is a certain feature that allows mounting backup images as a virtual partition, ultimately allowing you to browse the content of the image allowing for checking the integrity and quality of restore.
- Creation of bootable media: A CD, DVD or USB pen drive can be used for creating a backup recovery media for windows or Linux. This media can be used to add additional drivers and use it to repair windows (if not bootable) in the bootable environment.
- PXE booting tool: This tool can be used to boot up windows operating system in PCs connected on LAN without requiring installing operating system on every computer on the local network.
- Exporting and importing logs: This tool allows backup and exporting all the logs stored in a file. This file can import any time later. Operations done by any program can be recorded too.
A system should possess following attributed to run this backup utility:
- Operating system
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Supported file systems
- Supported storage devices
- Internal and external hard disks
- USB flash / pen drives
- Thumb drives
- Hardware Raid
- Dynamic and virtual system disks
We hope that this article has already served you with enough information about the said backup utility software. It is also hoped that you are leaving with enough details of the package so that you can decide whether to buy their premium packages or not. According to us, it is worth paying the price they are demanding for the product they serve since it is loaded with multiple advanced functionalities.
AOMEI Backupper also provides higher versions for higher demands, e.g. it has PC backup software as its professional edition and server backup software designed for Windows server backup. Advanced features are added into these versions accordingly, so you can decide what is best for you.