After the release of a limited beta in November, Microsoft formally launched its digital assistant, Cortana, on iOS in December. Cortana can be used on iPhones running iOS 8 or above in the US and China, and Microsoft has now pushed an update to its assistant on those gadgets
Brad Sams, was among those to spot the rollout of the update on his iPhone. The release notes include an overview of the upgrades included in this most recent update:
- A Today View. For a speedy look at your reminders.
- Support for 3D touch menu in iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S +.
- A news monthly reminder feature and enhanced refresh mechanism.
- Reduced application load time.
- A better loading experience for low speed and unstable network conditions.
- More stable voice interactions.
Close by its release on iOS toward the end of a year ago, Microsoft likewise made Cortana available on Android gadgets in the US and China running OS version 4.1.2 Jelly Bean or above. Cortana is being ‘deeply integrated’ into the Android-based Cyanogen OS as well; the OnePlus One turned into the first device to access that functionality a month ago.